After many days it is clear sky and no scope for rain today. So I made this Kuzhal - cum colour powder kolam.
1. 4 Lines - The normal kuzhal which I use reguarly. Outer lines enhanced by freehand.
2. 8 Lines - Can be used for bigger designs.
3. 4 line one - Inner line enhanced.
4. 4 Line - The type we get in Chennai. No enhancement done.
5. Curly Type - Can be used for borders
6. Floral design - Can be used for borders
All these kuzhals are available in the shops near temples (eg. Kapaleeshwarar, Parthasarathy, Siva Vishnu etc.)
I was very much impressed by Brinda's Kuzhal Kolams and hence tried this. This is my first kuzhal kolam. Thanks Lata, Brinda and my kolam friends for teaching me lot many varieties of kolams. It is not very perfect. I have to still practice using the kuzhal tool. Hope you all like this. Your views pls.
Its Aadi perukku kuzhal kolam, made by me and my mother in law.
hai sjnt anty,thisis my different type of kuzhal.firstone is 8lines kuzhal,seconed lotus design kuzhal ,third flower design kuzhal.i bought this kuzhal in salem kottai mariyamman kovil street.
I am very poor in drawing kolams with kuzhal, but still, i tried this oneday, though it didn't come out well, but still i want to share it with ikolam friends.
friday kolam. centre of the kolam is made by pide,out site desing is,a freehand.
This picture was taken during our India trip, from my in-law's neighbor's yard (in Sirkazhi).
One of my quickly made kuzhal kolams. When I am short of time, I do such kolams.